Trish is a yoga teacher that welcomes people where they are at in the moment they are at. I went to one of her yoga classes and didn't feel like there was a set formula that you could "mess up" and I know that is what a lot of yoga is supposed to be like, but I've been to a bunch of classes and this was one of the only times I felt IN my body while doing yoga. She meets people where they are at in their practice and is a rock star teacher. We had a great conversation that digs into body image, competition, power, rest and acceptance.
Here is a bit of what we cover:
- we talked about competitive sports environments and body image.
- We talked about the power of words and comments when we are kids even from well meaning adults but how that can impact us.
- We talk about freedom and being brave and trying new things when the element of competition and pressure is gone.
- We talk about power: defining it and how it has a huge element of rest and ease it it. It’s not just about being big and bold. There can and is a softness to power.
- We talk about accepting failure and knowing it’s okay.
Listen in! And please do share and write a review in iTunes.
More info about Trish:
Dr. Trish Corley is the founder of New Angle Yoga. She is an internationally recognized Baptiste certified yoga teacher, an anatomy professor, and a US licensed physical therapist. She leads yoga teacher trainings and a variety of anatomy and yoga based workshops and programs. Her trainings are known for causing transformation while having fun. Trish believes that everybody can practice yoga. She will empower you to give up what hold you back and discover just how powerful you are both on and off a yoga mat.
Also mentioned: Africa Yoga Project: https://www.africayogaproject.org