Tillie has a religious and spiritual practice and the way she talks about it all is so approachable and not judgmental. She acknowledges that it’s not for everybody. If you are reading this and thinking Kim? Spiritual practices? what? Just listen. Tillie is an A+ human and she says bucket loads of smart things. Promise. She is full of truth and power and strikes the perfect balance between bold and serenity.
We talk about:
- learning to cope with life besides escaping through food.
- messages we get as girls to be quiet, smart and small
- putting on a brave space when it can feel like you are falling apart
understanding that your worth is a given
- Spiritual journeys
- Feelings not being right vs. wrong. They are just feelings.
- Getting cat calls at 11years old and the discomfort of puberty (+ would would have helped!)
- wanting to hide but wanting to be seen at the same time.
- not being given the same access as someone in a female identified body as a male identified body.
- not hustling for acceptance
- worthiness and that we don’t need to change to receive love.
F Your Diet is a place for fun, daring and honest conversations for people that are tired of all the BS and crave real stories. This is a space to share and talk about body, food, movement and perfection. Join me?
Why listen? The diet industry keeps growing and we keep inventing new diets ("lifestyle changes") to follow that are short term fixes. We say we want girls to be strong, empowered and bold, but we keep ourselves small in voice and believe we have to physically become smaller to be "good" for our "health." We are told that "health" has to do with a number on the scale and how many grams of sugar we eat per day. We don't always admit the this because "we don't diet" but, we do. We control, limit and restrict and then wonder why girls turn around and do the same. If we want the next generation to be strong tomorrow, let's start with the conversations we have NOW. Let's be honest about when it started. We all struggle - no matter if it's food, or just with LIFE. We all have ups and downs. The power of the "me too" can be transformative and healing. This is a podcast for community and conversations that make a difference and give people a space to feel heard and understood, but also a place to break the cycle of everyday weight stigma and BS conversations about health. I want those little girls you know to grow up in a world where they aren't constantly being told they aren't good enough because of how they look or act. And I want you to believe it as well.