May Movement Challenge: an invitation to rethink movement and take action
Four weeks: May 11th - June 7th
This is a four week online group program welcome to all bodies anywhere in the world. It is for people that want to get back into movement, are already into movement or want to spend time with fun people without all the BS and shame that often comes with fitness spaces and activities. It's about finding ways to move that you love, exploring what feels good, celebrating our success, honest conversations and it's free of comparison.
Sign up here/below
Any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get you sorted)
- before and after photos that teach you success only if your body looks one way. Or body measurements that do the same.
-perfection. (There are plenty of other people selling that to you at a premium price. NOT HERE.)
-motivation, fun, accountability, friends and probably some selfies.
-support, exploration, being flexible (I don’t mean actually with my body - have you seen me try yoga!?)
- not comparing yourself to others.
- Freedom, choice and doing what feels good for you (not what your best friend does. F your best friend. Ok I'm sure she's great, but, I only care about you right now).
Who is this for?
You don't need to do dietbet and measure your worth by the scale. You don't need to join the challenge that takes your measurements because "they don't believe in weight", but still believe in the only way to "health" is weight loss. You do want support. You do want it to be enjoyable. You do want to feel good. You want a fun, supportive community based group that is not focused on bs or comparison but is there for support, feeling good and experimenting. If this sounds like you and what you need, come join! I would LOVE to have you and celebrate and share movement together as a community. It can be isolating out there when you just want to workout and feel good and then you are bombarded with ways you should feel bad. NOT in this group. NOT in this program. Come join!
What you will get:
- 1 weekly email to talk about the focus on the week, check in, reflect, motivate, share ideas, meet you where you are at with what you need. Compassion, listening, a pep talk or me to tell you I hate the person you hate. Here for all of it.
- Secret FB group so you can share/post updates in (if you want to), ask questions, etc. I’ll be posting daily as well and sharing videos and daily support and coaching.
- Community of people doing this together that aren't going to make anyone feel bad.
- Worksheets (woo!) Get started planner, Calendar and accomplishment tracker.
- Ask me anything optional 45 min group call - ANYTHING. Open book.
- Weekly FB live check ins to ask questions/hang out/dance party together.
- Giveaway of 1 free "Quick and dirty deep dive" 75 min coaching session with me! You. Me. Chat. You can even eat pizza if you want while we talk about feelings. Just sign up and you are entered.
Here is a sample of what we will be focusing on each week.
They all fold into each other and there is no such thing as falling behind.
Week 1: Clarity and planning: We focus on making plans and setting ourselves up for success. This is not about black and white thinking or go go go do all the things and then burn out. We will find the sweet spot that works for you - no matter what that is. We focus on you, not what your best friend/sister/colleague or anyone else in this group does.
Week 2: Trying new things and experimentation: This week we focus on doing something new. No matter if we are new to movement or always on the move. This is a chance to revisit beginners mindset. Maybe it's a walk, maybe it's hula hooping, maybe it's that class you have been saying for 5 months that you really want to sign up for, but you haven't gotten around to. This week is about trying something new, play and experimentation.
Week 3: Staying committed. This week we focus on follow through. We let go of that voice that is telling us we didn't do enough or we are behind or "crap we started off so well in week 1 and now we suck" nope, none of that. This is about rethinking movement and how we talk to ourselves. We will figure how how to stay committed and let go of the pressure of perfection and shame and "not enough."
Week 4: Finishing strong and moving forward. This week is all about putting together the tools from the last 3 weeks and keeping the momentum going. This isn't a Hey just do this one thing for 4 weeks so you feel good and never again. Over the last few weeks you will have learned a lot about your body and finding work feels good. You will be able to take these lessons forward through the rest of 2018.
Sign up here. $49 USD
(Any ?'s - email@example.com and I'll get you sorted ASAP!)
Have no idea who I am and wondering what it's like to work with me? Here is what clients say:
- "Kim is a great non-sugar-coated cheerleader. She's more genuine. Most people are too instagram-filtered in the way they show their lives and progress." - Chelsea
- “Very warm and compassionate but also a fantastic BS detector!” - Rebecca
- "Bright energy and raw passion for helping everyone " - Past program participant
- "She was very supportive and encouraged you to participate. Her no BS approach is refreshing." - Lindy
- “Open and honest. Genuine desire to help people be comfortable with themselves. Her spirit is contagious” - Past client
Q: Will you be going this again?
A: Not in 2018, but in 2019 I will. So if you want in, get IN. You don't have to "be in shape" before you join. Come as you are. All people welcome. All bodies welcome. All abilities welcome. Running 5 miles is equal to laying on the floor and meditating for 5 min. There are no rules about what is "good enough" we do what works for us. We support each other. We challenge ourselves and we don't shame.
Q: Why am I doing this?
A: I love movement and it has been a huge part of my own healing journey with my body and my mental health. I want to help more people. I love what happens when people come together to support each other. It's pretty awesome. There are so many fitness programs and challenges that leave people feeling crappy if they don't hit a certain goal. This is not about that. This is for those that want something different and want a long term shift instead of a short term solution.
Q: I'm scared. What if people judge me?
A. People do really suck sometimes, right!? I hear you. I don't associate with assholes and they are not allowed to this party. If someone acts like an ass I will not allow them to continue. This is not going to be about judgments or comparing ourselves to others. I will fiercely protect and care for the space I create with you. I have a no BS or a**hole rule I follow.
Q. Can I still participate if I don't want to join the secret FB group?
A. Of course! But I would love to have you in there because it will be a welcoming online space for a month. If you only want the emails, that sounds good to me too! No pressure - just what works for you. I want you do join in whatever way feels best and I'll make sure you get the information you need.